Put Your Career into Play with a
Theatre and Communication Arts Degree from Gannon University
You’re a content creator, a message maker, a storyteller. Whether you are in front of or behind the scenes, you can inspire an audience in
exciting ways. If this is you, Gannon’s theatre and communication arts program can help you hone your skills in writing, producing, working in
teams and thinking outside the box, and put these passions at center stage through careers in the arts, media and much more.
- Begin building your impressive
resume from day one in the program.
- Choose from various program tracks and pursue a minor in innovation and creativity to tailor your academic experience.
- Learn from faculty who've trained with legendary talents across the globe, performed internationally and hold MFA degrees.
Learn to Lead the Way in Theatre and Communication Arts
- Gain the skills needed to become exceptional artists
and communicators and excel in plays, musicals,
journalism and broadcast media.
- Engage in all aspects of performance, promotion and
- Learn to connect with others and create and interpret
messages to be shared and experienced by audiences.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Engage in digital audio and video production, graphic
design, studio art, advertising and public relations,
theatre design and performance, journalism and mass
- Perform, design and experience the Schuster Theatre’s
black box-style performance space.
- Discover real-world internship, performance and
production opportunities all within the heart of Erie’s
arts and innovation district.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through three flexible track options within one versatile degree:
Theatre Communication Track: This track is for the student who wants to do it all with classes such as Digital Drawing and Television Production.
Performance Track: This track focuses on the performance aspects of the craft with classes including Advanced Acting and Improvisation.
Design/Technical Track: This track focuses on the design and technical aspects of the business with classes such as Costume and Makeup as well as Stage Management.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Gannon’s theatre and communication arts program will
provide you with an array of opportunities so you can:
- Secure exciting careers with large international
performing arts and media centers, independent
studios, network affiliates and more.
- Work in acting and directing; advertising or corporate communication; audio and visual production; copywriting; scenic, lighting, sound and digital animation stage design; film and television; education; media law; journalism; nonprofit administration; public relations and more.
- Earn an annual median wage of $40,000 - $60,000,
according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.