Influence Your Future Career
with a Public Relations Degree from Gannon University
In an increasingly connected world, public relations professionals who have the knowledge and skills to influence, inform and create
relationships with key audiences are in higher demand than ever before. Gannon’s public relations program offers you a flexible, diverse and
rigorous curriculum that prepares you to secure your career and contribute to the way your workplace is viewed in meaningful ways.
- Respond to the strong demand for
professionals trained in social media in
the public and private sector.
- Learn from faculty that have had
successful careers in the disciplines
- Channel your creativity and communication skills into a challenging and rewarding career.
Learn to Lead the Way in Public Relations
- Build a portfolio of work that potential employers want
to see beginning your first year, a great advantage
when you look for your first job.
- Learn to develop an organization’s message across
multiple channels to internal and external publics within
the for-profit and not-for-profit and government sectors.
- Develop strategic planning, writing, organizational,
digital media and interpersonal skills that will enable
you to assist an organization in multiple promotional
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Get valuable experience through internship placements
that can be on-campus, local, national or international.
- The program’s location in the Center for Communication
and the Arts puts access to the resources of all of the
University’s communication, media and arts faculty and
technology at your fingertips.
- Tailor your coursework for the type of marketing career
you want to pursue.
- Learn broadcasting and streaming in our award-winning
radio station, WERG 90.5 FM.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key public relations
Principles of Public Relations: Study strategies and
communication tools in relation to an organization’s efforts
to communicate and position itself with its internal and
Strategic Public Relations: Develop your public relations
skills and apply the fundamentals of the industry with an
Integrated Marketing Campaign Development: Collaborate in teams as an in-class agency to compete and
win the account of an actual local nonprofit organization
with the guidance of a local advertising professional.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our public relations program is designed for your success.
Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational
opportunities, you can:
- Assemble a toolkit of knowledge and skills to help you
achieve career success in the fast-changing world of
the integrated public relations.
- Prepare for an exciting career at a variety of client- and
agency-side marketing, public relations and advertising
- Earn an annual median starting salary of $40,000 or
mid-career salary of $79,400, according to the Bureau
of Labor Statistics.