Make Your Mark on Tomorrow
with Expertise in Pre-Law from Gannon University
Gannon University’s Charles W. Deaner, Esq. ’48 Pre-Law program prepares you to enter into Gannon’s legal studies program and pursue a
career in law school or a legal profession. Engage in course and project work to learn the fundamentals of analyzing problems, identifying
significant facts, evaluating precedent, interpreting statues and constructing policy arguments. Through flexible course scheduling and one-on-one faculty advising, you can tailor your academic experience as you prepare to launch your career and improve the future in impactful ways.
- Connect with a network
of graduates in prestigious positions.
- Tailor your course of study to your
individual interests and professional goals.
- Engage in meaningful coursework that leads to a variety of careers in legal and related disciplines.
Learn to Lead the Way in Pre-Law
- Master critical and objective thinking skills that are
essential in the career field.
- Pursue internship opportunities that offer valuable
connections and experiences that prepare you for your
- Choose a concentration and plan a course of study
best suited to your individual interests. Options include
pursuing a legal studies major or certificate, which can
be incorporated into your degree of choice.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Attend conferences and lecture series featuring
predominate legal leaders at the local, state and
national level, including former Pennsylvania Governor
and first U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Tom
- Gain valuable global leadership experience by
participating in one of the country’s first Model U.N.
- Pursue classes from local judges and lawyers who
teach in their prospective fields.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key pre-law courses
Introduction to Law in Society: Learn legal institutions
and processes, evolution of the American legal system,
major substantive areas of law, legal reasoning and the
adversarial process and the role of attorneys and courts in
Legal Analysis and Persuasion: Learn to persuade a
targeted audience in both written and oral forms through
briefs, mock appellate arguments and mock trial.
Career Preparation in Law: Prepare to enter a legal
career, take the LSAT, and gain acceptance into law school.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our pre-law program is designed for your success.
Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational
opportunities, you can:
- Prepare for further graduate study in prestigious
schools including Charlotte School of Law, Cleveland
Marshall School of Law, Duquesne University School of
Law, and University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- Prepare for a career in corporate practice, government,
politics, private practice, public interest law, civil and
criminal law or patent and copyright law.
- Earn an annual median wage of $126,930 for lawyers,
according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.