Turn Your Passion for Learning into a Rewarding Career with a Middle Level Education Degree From Gannon University
Outstanding teachers are themselves products of an outstanding education. They come from preparation in a program that rewards academic achievement, emphasizes the importance of each student as an individual, and is grounded in a mastery of the theories of learning and teaching. Become a positive force of educational change and impact in your community when you earn your middle level education degree from Gannon University
- Gain valuable field experience beginning your first year.
- Approved by the PA Department of Education.
- Learn from faculty who hold extensive experience teaching in PreK-12 classrooms.
Learn to Lead the Way in Middle Level Education
- Program coursework emphasizes middle level philosophy and effective strategies for teaching young adolescents.
- Benefit from an instructional and interactive curriculum that focuses on teaching strategies, performance and professionalism.
- Participate in multiple field experiences and a full semester of student teaching, totaling more than 960 hours of field work.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Pursue scholarship-supported learning abroad opportunities in Limerick, Ireland.
- Gain experience in diverse school settings in urban, suburban and rural areas within a 25-mile radius, some of which are in walking distance of campus.
- Gain teaching experience beyond required fieldwork by providing instruction for children who participate in after-school tutoring or enrichment programs.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key courses including:
and Classroom Management: Create and manage instruction in the learning environment and develop standards-based lessons and instruction. Includes a 60-hour field experience.
Expressive Arts: Explore how to help students use art, music, dance, drama and literature to express and communicate their developing ideas, experiences and feelings about themselves and the world.
Data Driven Instruction: Learn to collect, analyze and use various forms of data to drive individualized classroom instruction.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our middle level education program is designed for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Obtain your meaningful career in a variety of options including school counselor, principal or superintendent; reading, mathematics or English as a Second Language specialist; writer or editor and more.
- Earn a median annual salary of $60,810, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Our grades 4-8 middle level certification programs lead to a BS in one of 9 options, including math, English, science and social studies.