Help Others Learn and Grow with an Early Childhood Education Degree from Gannon University.
Outstanding teachers are themselves products of an outstanding education. They come from preparation in a program that rewards academic achievement, emphasizes the importance of each student as an individual, and is grounded in a mastery of the theories of learning and teaching. Become a positive force of educational change and impact in your community when you earn your early childhood education degree from Gannon University
- A+Our program is one of a few nationwide to earn
a score of “A” from the National Council on
Teaching Quality for our Early Reading Program.
- Approved by the PA
Department of Education.
- Learn from faculty who collectively offer more
than 70 years of teaching experience in school
settings and certification areas.
Learn to Lead the Way in Early Childhood Education
- Learn to be effective educators in the PreK-4 classroom
through interactive instruction and project-based
- Gain a solid foundation in development and learning
theory, as well as instructional strategies in content
areas including language and literacy, mathematics,
social studies, science, physical activity and
- Gain a practical, hands-on application of knowledge
with a diverse population of children across all
socioeconomic levels and cultural groups.
Experience an Exceptional
- Pursue a scholarship-supported learning abroad
opportunity in Limerick, Ireland.
- Benefit from a model classroom equipped with current
technologies and instructional resources to help you
prepare for field experiences that begin in your first
- Be an active member and leader in three student-led
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key courses including:
Integrated Curriculum PreK-4: Plan, adapt and analyze
curriculum content, instructional materials and strategies to
enhance learning. Includes a 90-hour field experience.
Literacy for Students with Exceptionalities PreK-8: Research, select, develop and practice
implementing a variety of instructional strategies
to enhance literacy development of children with
exceptionalities. Includes a 30-hour field experience.
Expressive Arts: Explore how to help children use
art, music, dance, drama and literature to express and
communicate their developing ideas, experiences and
feelings about themselves and the world.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Our early childhood education program is designed for your
success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality
educational opportunities, you can:
- Participate in multiple field experiences - including one
60-hour field experience during your freshman year -
totaling more than 400 hours working in educational
- Gain experience in diverse school settings in urban,
suburban and rural areas within a 25-mile radius, some
of which are in walking distance of campus.
- Join our graduates who have a current job placement
rate between 95% and 100% during the past three
- Earn an average median wage of $60,660, according to
the Bureau of Labor Statistics.