Join a Profession That is Essential to National Health
with a Respiratory Care Degree from Gannon University
Respiratory care professionals are critically needed when diagnosing, treating and preventing respiratory illnesses. Gannon University’s
respiratory care program provides you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to thrive in this fast-paced and impactful career.
- 100%Be part of a program that has a
recent job placement rate of 100%.
- Benefit from Gannon University’s
network of clinical relationships with
major health systems.
- Pursue an accredited certificate in
polysomnography, so you can test and
treat patients with sleep disorders.
Learn to Lead the Way in Respiratory Care
- Learn to evaluate, treat and care for patients with breathing disorders such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis or pneumonia.
- Become an expert at providing emergency care for victims of heart failure, chest injuries, stroke, shock, premature birth or post-surgical complications.
- Develop career preparedness to work under the direction of a physician and assist in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Learn clinical skills using advanced technology in our
Patient Simulation Center, the largest in the region.
- Work with program faculty to design advanced clinical
concentrations in one or more areas of respiratory care
practice, based on your identified professional goals.
- Gain hands-on experience in critical aspects of
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key respiratory care
Mechanical Ventilation and Critical Care and Lab: Master the application and operation of mechanical ventilators in patient care. The course includes applied critical care, including monitoring techniques practiced in the clinical Patient Simulation Center SIM lab.
Respiratory Care Procedures: Study different therapeutic modalities used in respiratory care, including humidity therapy, hyperinflation therapy, aerosol and pharmacologic therapy, bronchial drainage and airway care.
Neonatal/Pediatric Respiratory Care: This course emphasizes the diagnosis and care of neonatal and pediatric patients in the intensive care setting. Mechanical ventilation of the neonate is stressed throughout this course.
Achieve the Possibilities
Our respiratory care program is designed for your success.
Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational
opportunities, you can:
- Join a program whose recent graduates have had a
100% pass rate on the entry-level Certified Respiratory
- Meaningful career opportunities await respiratory therapists in hospital settings, as well as long-term care facilities, home care, and neonatal care.
- Earn an annual median wage of $62,810, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.