Tablet PC Requirement
Please do not make any purchases in advance. You will receive information regarding the purchase of the tablet laptop PC from the Program Director.
The field of radiological science continues to build upon an already significant use of digital images, replacing a film-based system in existence for 50 years. In fact, all of the clinical sites which Gannon students and faculty interact with are using digital capture, storage, viewing, and transmission. To ensure our Radiologic Science students graduate with the experience to use these technological advances, all students entering the program are required to have a tablet PC.
- Completion of 16 academic units at the high school level, four
of which must be English; remainder of units are to be comprised of four
units in social sciences, two to four units of math, which include
algebra I and one other academic math with a C+ or higher, two to four
units of sciences including biology and chemistry with labs with grades
of C+ or higher
- Academic course selection, grades, letters of recommendation,
personal statement and SAT/ACT scores will be carefully reviewed for
- Clinical experiences are an integral part of this program; to be
eligible for clinical placements, all students are expected to meet the
health requirements, performance standards, background checks, and drug
A medical examination is mandatory for students who require clinical placement as part of their course of study. The completed health history will include the following:
- Health Examination Physical Form
- Consent/Refusal for Hepatitus B Vaccine
- 2-step Mantoux Tuberculosis Screening
- Technical Standards Form
- Proof of: Tdap vaccination or tetanus booster (Td or DT) within the last two years.
- Copies of the following titers: Rubella Igg, Rubeola Igg, Mumps Igg
- The radiologic science program is a high demand major at Gannon and there are only 18 seats available. Therefore, it is highly recommended that all students apply in September of their senior year in high school.
- Transfer students should apply early in the fall as well.