Fuel Your Career in Nutrition and Sport Science with a Nutrition and
Human Performance Degree from Gannon University
Gannon University’s nutrition and human performance program combines your interests in both nutrition and sport science to give you a solid basis in biological sciences, nutrition and exercise science. Learn how nutrients fuel the body and affect your mind, examine diseases, and gain extensive training in exercise and nutritional science to prepare you for a rewarding career working with elite athletes or in clinical settings.
- Apply your classroom knowledge
through projects with Gannon’s athletic
teams and community partners.
- Put your knowledge and skills to use
in a clinical practicum during your
- Complete a customized internship of
100 hours in length at a minimum.
Learn to Lead the Way in Nutrition and Human Performance
- Understand the nutritional factors that impact physical performance both in competitive and non-competitive settings.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of how nutrients can fuel the body, contribute to disease, and learn about psychophysiological perspectives of nutrition.
- Develop the foundational knowledge in the biological sciences, nutrition and exercise science to prepare you to be successful in the field.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Gain extensive training in exercise science with
significant exposure to nutritional science as it relates
to elite athletes and in medical and clinical settings.
- Experience significant hands-on opportunities for both
exercise testing and prescription, as well as nutritional
assessment and dietary programming.
- Investigate the professional pathways for nutrition in
public health, private practice and hospital and clinical
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key nutrition and human
performance courses including:
Nutrition and Health: Learn how to address various health
and medical conditions by developing nutritional plans for all
weight and health conditions.
Advanced Sport Nutrition: Explore nutrients as they
relate to sports, fitness and human performance through an
Nutritional Assessment: Use anthropometric measurements, family, personal and medical histories, dietary intake, and psychosocial factors to draw conclusions to develop nutritional interventions.
Achieve the Possibilities
Our nutrition and human performance program is designed
for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Prepare for graduate studies in Gannon’s Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Science program or a dietetics program to increase your professional marketability.
Pursue certification opportunities through the International Society of Sports Nutrition, the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Sports Education Program, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Enter a field that is increasingly in demand and with a
starting wage in excess of $41,300, according to the
Bureau of Labor Statistics.