Prepare for Your Meaningful Career
with a Nursing Degree from Gannon University
Gannon University’s nursing program prepares you to enter professional nursing practice with care, confidence and competence. Our rigorous and engaging curriculum and intentional philosophy create an environment to support individual student needs and goals. The critical role of registered nurses in our health care system is ever-increasing, and so is the demand for highly skilled professionals. Start your journey with Gannon’s Villa Maria School of Nursing and prepare for your rewarding career.
- Learn in a program that has held full
approval from the PA State Board of
Nursing since 1952.
- Accredited by the Commission
on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Program flexibility allows you to pursue
personal interests including athletics,
military appointments or arts.
Learn to Lead the Way in Nursing
- Offer holistic nursing care to individuals, families,
groups, communities and larger populations through a
- Benefit from a small student-to-faculty ratio in the
clinical setting with nursing faculty who specialize in
the area they teach.
- Become directly involved in service-learning
opportunities that provide a strong basis for
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Our Patient Simulation Center is integrated throughout
the curriculum to enhance your clinical expertise,
critical thinking ability and confidence in clinical
- Experience nearly 1,000 hours of clinical education
at more than 50 health care agencies in Erie and
- Complete 224 hours of clinical work with a registered
nurse preceptor to provide synthesis of the nursing role.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key nursing courses
Health Assessment I: Develop an approach for conducting and documenting a comprehensive health assessment while learning to consider variations specific to gender, age, developmental level and culture. Apply health promotion strategies to identified populations.
Promoting Health in Child Rearing Families: Apply the nursing process in promoting health in pediatric populations through community-based clinical experiences, including ambulatory clinics, educational and in-patient sites.
Comprehensive Nursing Practicum: Synthesize knowledge, skills and experiences in selected health care settings to develop independence in professional practice through this senior nursing practicum.
Achieve the Possibilities
Our nursing program is designed for your success.
Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational
opportunities, you can:
- Join graduates who have attained a 100% employment
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to complete
your licensure exam (NCLEX-RN). Our students have an
average 95% pass rate over the last five years.
- Enter a workforce that is expected to grow to 3.4
million by 2026, an increase of 15% since 2016.
- Earn an average starting salary of $61,500, according to
the Bureau of Labor Statistics.