Inspire Solutions in Disease Treatment and Prevention
with a Medical Laboratory Science Degree from Gannon University
Medical laboratory science may be the perfect career choice to leverage your passion for science and scientific research. These laboratory professionals provide invaluable services to patient care by performing an array of laboratory tests, confirming the accuracy of test results and reporting the test results to pathologists and other health care providers. Gannon’s medical laboratory science program will take you behind the scenes in disease treatment through a scientific and medical laboratory education.
- Accelerate your education with
a 3+1 curriculum that includes a
year-long clinical rotation
- Build a foundation to pursue
advanced graduate studies
- 100%Students have a 100% pass rate on
the national certification test by the
American Society for Clinical Pathology.
Learn to Lead the Way in Medical Laboratory Science
- Learn how to collect blood samples and perform a wide
variety of laboratory testing on body fluids and tissues.
- Understand test results and reporting laboratory
findings to a pathologist and appropriate physicians.
- Gain practical skills with complex, high throughput and automated laboratory instruments to analyze patient samples for clinical diagnosis
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
Real-world clinical opportunities prepare you to:
- Operate sophisticated laboratory equipment including
microscopes and cell counters.
- Use automated equipment and computerized
instruments capable of performing a number of tests
- Prepare specimens and perform detailed manual tests.
- Log data from medical tests into patients’ medical
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key medical laboratory
science courses including:
Clinical Chemistry: Understand the chemistry of organic compounds and consider how physiology, metabolism and methodologies of these compounds relate to health and pathologic states.
Immunohematology and Blood Banking: Study the
principles of red blood cell antigens and their reactivity to
Immunology and Serology: Examine serologic
reactions via agglutination, flocculation, precipitation,
and complement fixation to diagnose bacterial, parasitic,
rickettsial and viral diseases.
Achieve Your Possibilities
Gannon’s medical laboratory science program provides an
array of opportunities where you can:
- Develop foundations in the sciences through Gannon’s
three-year curriculum and enter a year-long clinical
rotation with an accredited hospital-based program.
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center School of Medical Laboratory Science
- AHN Saint Vincent Hospital School of Medical Laboratory Science
- UPMC Chautauqua Medical Laboratory Science Program
- Obtain the knowledge and skills to begin a career as a
vital health care team member.
- Earn a median annual wage of $55,990, according to
the Bureau of Labor Statistics.