Open the World of Opportunities Waiting for You with a Biology Degree from Gannon University
What could be more fundamental than the study of life itself? Gannon University’s acclaimed biology program is your point of entry to discovering the intricacies of life and the processes that sustain it. Apply your knowledge of the biological sciences
to a rewarding career in education, life sciences or medicine.
- Work closely with award-winning faculty to design a program of study tailored to your interests.
- Study tropical marine biology in the Bahamas or the ecology in Yellowstone National Park.
- Be prepared for broad career opportunities or to continue your education in graduate school or a medically related professional program.
Learn to Lead the Way in Biology
Challenge yourself with interactive coursework and laboratory experiences. Engage in critical thinking and problem solving so that you are successful in your career.
- Study living organisms and their life processes with a focus on the origin, function and preservation of life from the smallest cell to the largest ecosystem.
- Take advantage of unique internship opportunities inthe Erie area or work with faculty on a diverse range of research projects.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Conduct original scientific research under a faculty mentor, which can lead to local and national presentations or publication in a scholarly journal.
- Study the diversity of life in the classroom, laboratory and in an array of settings in the field.
- Learn aboard RV Environaut, a 48-foot research vessel that is equipped to sample water, sediment, fish and plankton.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key biology courses including:
Parasitology and Lab: Study the life cycles, behavior, treatment and control of organisms that live on or in other organisms and depend on their host.
Human Gross Anatomy and Lab: Explore the intricacies of the human body via dissection of human cadavers and the use of a vast collection of anatomical models.
Tropical Marine Biology: Investigate ecological systems such as coral reefs, mangroves, beaches and tidal pools over spring break in the Bahamas.
Achieve the Possibilities
Our biology program is designed for your success. Through curriculum flexibility and high-quality educational opportunities, you can:
- Explore external research and internship opportunities at Presque Isle State Park, Tom Ridge Environmental Center at Presque Isle, and Yellowstone National Park.
- Build the foundations needed to pursue graduate studies in biology or medical science, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, physician assistant, education and more.
- Secure exciting and meaningful careers in industry, nonprofit organizations or government agencies where you will apply your knowledge of the biological sciences.