Unleash Your Career Potential
with a Biochemistry Degree from Gannon University
Are you intrigued by the intricate chemical processes that sustain all life? If so, Gannon’s biochemistry program, which is approved by the American Chemical Society, can help you explore how the structure and reactions of molecules drive the function of living systems and lead you to exciting, in-demand careers in medicine, pharmacology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, food science or agriculture. Life happens – and you can discover how.
- Nationally recognized
- Learn from faculty experts in all major
branches of chemistry.
- Earn meaningful academic credit through study abroad programs.
Learn to Lead the Way in Biochemistry
- Challenging and interactive coursework and laboratory
experiences engage you in investigating the structure
and activity of molecules, as well as their reactions in
- Develop an intellectual framework in the core
components of biochemistry including chemistry,
biology, physics and mathematics.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median
annual wage is $94,490.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Conduct original scientific research alongside a
faculty mentor, which can lead to local and national
presentations or publication in a scholarly journal.
- Gain hands-on experience with a robust suite of
modern analytical tools in our high-quality facilities that
- Computational Chemistry Laboratory
- Biochemical Laboratory
- Hultman Nanotechnology Laboratory
- Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key biochemistry
Structural Biochemistry: Study the structure and
function of biologically important compounds including
amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids, enzymes, carbohydrates
Biochemical Laboratory: Learn the introductory
laboratory methods used to isolate, characterize and
synthesize biologically important compounds.
Molecular Biology: Explore the synthesis of nucleic acids,
discuss DNA-based information technologies and interpret
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education and participate
in advanced undergraduate research that will enable
their success in the rigors of graduate school or in their
profession in the field of biochemistry. In Gannon’s
biochemistry program, students can:
- Join industry-leading companies through internships or
pursue summer research experiences supported by the
National Science Foundation.
- Build a foundation for further graduate research in
chemistry, biochemistry or the health professions.
- Secure highly sought-after careers in toxicology,
pharmacology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, food
science and agriculture.