Build Your Career Assets with a Business Studies Degree from Gannon University
Gannon University’s business studies degree offers students who are interested in business a flexible and creative education. The program combines liberal arts coursework with a solid foundation in business fundamentals, so you can study the area(s) of
business that interest you without being confined to selecting one discipline. Create a customized course of study that aligns with your career goals and be prepared to meet the ever-changing business needs of today’s marketplace.
- Learn from faculty experts who hold extensive professional and academic experience.
- Accelerate your education to earn both a bachelor’s degree in business studies and Master of Business Administration or Master of Healthcare Administration in just five years.
- Pursue internships with companies that frequently hire upon graduation.
Learn to Lead the Way in Business Studies
- Study an array of subjects including accounting, management, marketing and economics, all of which reflect the multidisciplinary nature of business.
- Tailor your business studies coursework to cover an array of business facets of your choice.
- Develop the technical and soft skills that employers are seeking in today’s professional environment through program coursework.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- Access valuable local and national internships and service-learning projects through the Small Business Development Center, Erie Technology Incubator, and Northwest Pennsylvania Beehive Network, all located within Gannon’s Center for Business
- Enhance your program knowledge with complementary minor options such as the minor in innovation and creativity, in which you will turn creative thought into actionable innovation while learning within the Institute for Health and Cyber Knowledge.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key business studies courses including:
Project Management: Learn the techniques of planning, scheduling, reporting, controlling and managing projects; understand roles including risk and contingency, budgeting, resource allocation and scheduling.
Principles of Sport Management: Study sport business topics and complete experiential learning projects in the field; apply traditional business theory and practice to the sport business setting.
Global Logistics: Examine globalization’s implications, the impact of supply-chain strategies on logistics decisions as well as information flows and technology use. Apply your knowledge to case studies and service-learning opportunities.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will earn a high-quality education that enables success in the rigors of graduate school or a future profession. Through an array of program opportunities, you can:
- Develop your skills and knowledge as a business professional, as well as enhance your career possibilities and earning trajectory
- Business graduates can enter a variety of fields upon graduation including banking, real estate or finance, management or consulting, marketing or sales, or even small business ownership.