Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program is designed to provide a broad-based business education with a balance of theory and practice. Upon successful completion of the degree requirements, students will demonstrate the following
- Core Business Knowledge: Dahlkemper School of Business Students evaluate and integrate core knowledge across the breadth of functional business areas to solve problems and capture opportunities.
- Leadership and Team Building Skills: Dahlkemper School of Business Students apply leadership and team building skills to develop strategies, manage resources and achieve goals.
- Ethics and Social Responsibility: Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize the importance of ethical issues, integrity, inclusiveness, and social responsibility in real-world business behavior.
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills: Dahlkemper School of Business Students identify, analyze, evaluate, and solve business problems using both discipline specific and cross functional integrative thinking.
- Communication Skills: Dahlkemper School of Business Students utilize written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- Global Perspective: Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize global business concepts and practices that present opportunities and challenges in an environment of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Concentration Competency: Dahlkemper School of Business Students demonstrate concentration knowledge and appropriate application of the business concepts, opportunities, and practices in their respective business major.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts degree program with a major in Business Studies will make progress towards the following broad-based program goals:
- Expansion of critical thinking, analytical and technological skills
- Work productively and professionally with colleagues and stakeholders and in diverse, interdisciplinary teams
- Design and articulate innovative approaches to solving business problems
- Explore solutions that merge disparate ideas and concepts, and encourage collaboration
These goals translate into (4) student learning outcomes listed below. Upon successful completion of the degree requirements, students will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Critically analyze ideas from multiple sources to draw well-supported recommendations and solutions
- Apply knowledge and skills across business functions and interdisciplinary boundaries
- Integrate new information into existing frameworks of knowledge