Leverage Your Career Success with Expertise in Accounting from Gannon University
Accounting is the language of business. Gannon’s accounting concentration will lead you to master the theories and practices of accounting to prepare you for careers that include financial management, business transaction tracking, merger and acquisition strategy, information systems development, tax strategy and wealth management, and more.
- Learn from faculty experts who hold extensive professional and academic experience.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Accelerate your education to earn both a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in business administration in just five years.
Learn to Lead the Way in Accounting
- Develop a sound understanding of accounting theory and practice, as well as ethical principles necessary for professional careers in public accounting, business or government.
- Learn to think analytically, understand business processes, and strengthen your ability to communicate in professional settings.
- Depending upon your interest and career goals, you can choose a track in forensic accounting or fulfill the traditional accounting requirements.
Experience an Exceptional Learning Environment
- The program’s location in the Center for Business Ingenuity gives you the opportunity to experience local and national internships and service-learning projects through access to the Small Business Development Center, Erie Technology Incubator,
and Northwest Pennsylvania Beehive Network.
- Companies located just blocks from campus offer another avenue for internship experiences that often lead to full-time employment offers upon graduation.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key accounting courses including:
Intermediate Financial Accounting: Examine major financial statement accounts to understand accounting theory and practice.
Forensic Analysis: Examine the investigative techniques used by accountants to conduct forensic examinations; learn the skills needed to assist businesses in detecting and preventing fraud via financial statement analysis, investigation and documentation
Financial Auditing: Understand the theory and practice of auditing, duties and responsibilities of the auditor, as well as standards and procedures performed by public accountants.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education that enables success in the rigors of graduate school or a future profession. Through an array of program opportunities, you can:
- Secure valuable career opportunities in positions including auditor, budget analyst, business consultant, financial consultant, forensic accountant, tax preparer and more.
- Earn an average median salary of $67,190 for an accountant, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.